Ten Bucks Theatre and True North Theatre are proud to announce auditions for their second collaborative production, the holiday-themed Greetings! by Tom Dudzick, directed by Tellis K. Coolong.
In Greetings!, Andy Gorski brings home his Jewish-raised, atheist fiancé, Randi, to meet his very Catholic parents and his younger brother on Christmas Eve. With the inevitable family explosion comes an out-of-left-field miracle that propels the family into a wild exploration of love, religion, personal truth and the nature of earthly reality. All roles are available.
Audition Dates and Times
Sunday, September 12 at 2:30 PM – 5:00 PM and Monday, September 13 at 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM at the Ten Bucks Theatre space in the Bangor Mall. The Ten Bucks Theatre space is located in the (former) Sears wing of the Bangor Mall on the right-hand side as you’re walking towards center court.
Performance Dates and Times
December 9-12 and 16-19, with Thursday, Friday and Saturday performances at 7 PM and Sunday matinees at 2 PM. Performances are in the Ten Bucks Theatre space.
COVID-19 Safety and Compliance
It is required that all persons auditioning wear protective masks and maintain social distancing in the theatre space during the auditions process.
Cast of Characters
- Phil Gorski (Mid-60’s). The patriarch of the Gorski family. Phil is set in his ways, a traditionalist. Stern, abrasive, but there is a special spot in his heart for his family… and for Christmas. Phil is a former baseball player whose career ended early due to a tragic injury. His curmudgeonly demeanor is the result of resentment of the nature of his injury, which has left him with a limp.
- Emily Gorski (Mid-60’s). More than a typical doting wife/mother, Emily is the glue that holds the Gorski family together. Emily is jovial and pleasant and, like everyone in the Gorski family, is a bit whimsical. She is convinced that earlier this morning, her nearly-nonverbal adult son Mickey said, “Greetings!” which is not in the repertoire of phrases and noises he communicates with.
- Mickey Gorski (30). Mickey is an adult with an intellectual disability that leaves him with the mind of a three-year-old. Despite (or because of) his having this disability, Mickey is the apple of his parents’ eye. Mickey communicates through a series of “standard” phrases, grunts and finger-pointing… until an out-of-body experience finds him sharing Christmas with his family in a way never imagined.
- Andy Gorski (33). Andy is an ad writer living in New York City, where he has become engaged to Randi Stein. Andy, who has a great sense of humor, loves his family, and has a special relationship with his younger brother. He is optimistic that news of his engagement will make this Christmas extra-special.
- Randi Stein (29). Randi is an actress, living with Andy in New York city. Raised in the Jewish faith, Randi is estranged from her own family and is optimistic that news of her engagement to Andy will bring joy to Gorski family. However, her atheistic beliefs might collide with the Gorski’s Catholic faith.
For more information, please email Ten Bucks Theatre at email@example.com or True North Theatre at firstname.lastname@example.org